Saturday was a very busy day~ I had to work but my husband was off. Which it's usually the opposite. My daughter was dancing in a football game Saturday night so when I got home about noon, she said " Mom, I need dance tights; Mom, I need eyelashes; Mom, I need "...lol. : )UGGGHHHH, so off we go. When we finally came home this is what I walked into....Nope, not a mess but this yummy looking dinner. :)
Lasagna roll ups.....
A great salad, paper plate courtesy of my dear husband. : )
Since my kind, thoughtful husband cooked this meal I wasn't able to get pictures of the ingredients or the process but I thought I would share the recipe.....it was sooooo good!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
1 jar Tuscany Arrabiatta Sauce ( or any kind spaghetti sauce but, we like this one )
9 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
1lb. Italian sausage
2 cups whole milk
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 jar pesto sauce
1-2 cups shredded italian blend cheese or parmesan ( we like alot of cheese so we use about 2 )
1. Heat oven 375. Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray
2. brown sausage, drain and mix with sauce.
3. Pour 1 cup pasta sauce evenly over bottom of dish.
4. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of foil paper.
5. combine ricotta cheese w/pesto sauce in a medium bowl.
6. spread mixture over noodles and sprinkle lightly with cheese: roll into spiral roll.
7. arrange rolls over sauce.
8. fill and roll remaining noodles and place in dish & cover with remaining
9. cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls and bake uncovered 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
11. Let stand 10 minutes ( while the garlic bread is in the oven ) :)
Garnish with parsley ( if you like ) & serve.
This was the perfect meal for a busy Saturday. Thank you Mr. Wonderful, I love you!!
I hope some of you try this recipe, let me know what you think!
NOTE: My husband is a GREAT cook and he helps me ALOT....
HE TOTALLY ROCKS!
Have a great week!