Monday, September 8, 2008

My husband cooked dinner & it was GOOD


Hi friends,

Saturday was a very busy day~ I had to work but my husband was off. Which it's usually the opposite. My daughter was dancing in a football game Saturday night so when I got home about noon, she said " Mom, I need dance tights; Mom, I need eyelashes; Mom, I need "...lol. : )UGGGHHHH, so off we go. When we finally came home this is what I walked into....Nope, not a mess but this yummy looking dinner. :)


Lasagna roll ups.....


A great salad, paper plate courtesy of my dear husband. : )


Since my kind, thoughtful husband cooked this meal I wasn't able to get pictures of the ingredients or the process but I thought I would share the recipe.....it was sooooo good!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
Serves 4
1 jar Tuscany Arrabiatta Sauce ( or any kind spaghetti sauce but, we like this one )
9 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
1lb. Italian sausage
2 cups whole milk
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 jar pesto sauce
1-2 cups shredded italian blend cheese or parmesan ( we like alot of cheese so we use about 2 )
1. Heat oven 375. Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray
2. brown sausage, drain and mix with sauce.
3. Pour 1 cup pasta sauce evenly over bottom of dish.
4. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of foil paper.
5. combine ricotta cheese w/pesto sauce in a medium bowl.
6. spread mixture over noodles and sprinkle lightly with cheese: roll into spiral roll.
7. arrange rolls over sauce.
8. fill and roll remaining noodles and place in dish & cover with remaining
sauce.
9. cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls and bake uncovered 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
11. Let stand 10 minutes ( while the garlic bread is in the oven ) :)
Garnish with parsley ( if you like ) & serve.

This was the perfect meal for a busy Saturday. Thank you Mr. Wonderful, I love you!!

I hope some of you try this recipe, let me know what you think!

NOTE: My husband is a GREAT cook and he helps me ALOT....

HE TOTALLY ROCKS!

Have a great week!

Hugs~ J.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Hey Jessica! Yummy this looks delicious! I know you were delighted to come home to this great meal....your husband is a sweetheart...thanks for sharing the recipe!
Have a great day!
xoxo,
Queenie!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Jessica, What a sweet sweet hubby!! And he can cook!! It looks so.. yummy!!! I need to try this recipe. Girl, You have great recipes!!! Hugs, Terrie

onlymehere said...

I definitely have to try these! I printed the recipe out so I could get the ingredients on pay day. You have a very sweet husband to do this for you. My husband makes incredible omelettes. I'd rather have his than one at a restaraunt any day!

Rue said...

Good morning J :)

This looks sooooo yummy!! I'm starving now, so thanks... thanks a lot! LOL

hugs,
rue

onlymehere said...

I just printed this out and can hardly wait to try it! YUM! We love lasagna and this will give it a nice change. I'll let you know when I make it but first I have to finish my secret project (I'm kind of feeling like Ty Pennington on Extreme Home Makeover with it now!). Cindy