Monday, November 8, 2010

~ The Genius Leaves for the Army ~

On October 12, 2010~ Our daughter was sworn in to the United States Army. I don't remember what all they said I was trying to keep calm....but it was amazing. There were about 40 other kids there. I say kids....because they all looked like babies to me.


Afterwards....we had some free time to be together before she left for basic training.


We had a good time and even found time to be silly.


There were lots of hugs...



& lots of I love you's.....


Bear & the Genius...



The 2 great loves of my life...


Here she goes....



Everytime I see this picture...I just cry.


Off she went....after the bus turned the corner....I tried so hard not to fall to the ground and scream. I held it together....my 2 boys were there.
Mister & Bear....they both were hurting too. But the pride we feel in knowing she is serving our country and making something of herself.....is priceless.


I have some updates as we have been writing for the last few weeks. The first day while she was in reception, getting shots, uniforms etc. She got in trouble for smiling too much. Poor baby. They told her " soldiers don't smile. " humf.....my girl smiles....and when she does....the world is a better place.


Hugs~ J


4 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awwwww, Jessica. I cannot imagine what you as a mother are going through. She is so lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful mom as you and I'm sure she will remember all the amazing things you taught her. Hugs!! :)

onlymehere said...

Jessica, this made me cry and seriously that's so hard to do! That picture of the bus driving away.....well let's just say I know exactly how you felt at that moment. I think the world needs more smiles too! I'll keep her in my prayers every day and you and your Mister too. How often can she call home? I hope you get to have contact frequently but I didn't know how it would be at training. You have every right to be proud of this young lady. May God bless you all as you adjust to this new normal.

Betty said...

Jessica, I can only imagine how hard it was to see that bus pull away but I know you will find comfort in knowing she is doing what she feels she needs to do and how proud you must be.
I seem to remember with my niece that she couldn't contact family by phone at first but it wasn't long though I am sure it will feel like it before she can.
I will be praying for you.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey sweetie,
Oh I can imagine this was such a hard day for you seeing your baby get on that bus, but I know you are so proud of her too...she is a strong and brave young lady...believe me, I can put myself in your shoes as a mama...by the way, tell her to just keep on smiling...just do it when they aren't looking :)
I hope that your beautiful family have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day! Sorry I was so late in visiting your post....
Big Hugs,
Queenie