Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~ Road Trip ~




I think I shared the best sunrise picture yesterday but here are a couple more~
When the sky is like this ~ you just know it's going to be a beautiful day....





sorry about the power lines....but look @ the sky and the flags....it was so serene...




I have to keep myself busy in the car otherwise I drive Mister crazy~ I'm not the best passenger. :) We were going to visit Mister's great grandparents in the hill country.

I made his Mammaw a lap blanket on the way~




Isn't it cute? She loved it, too. :)








after a while it's alot of windy roads... but the scenery was gorgeous.





The wisteria was in full bloom but I failed to take any pictures of it but Mister even said 'WOW what is that?' So, we bought a Wisteria vine ( I won't let it get as big as a tree ) @ Home Depot, Sunday.





The azaleas were also blooming...





I loved this house~





Look at those azaleas~




Beautiful.





On the way back from our visit....which we enjoyed emensly.

We went through a little town.


Here is " City Hall"




Look @ the fire station.... how charming.





The mercantile shop next door




We stopped at a few little shops....I'll show you what we bought tomorrow. :)

See the cobble stone streets. CA-UTE!





On the way back to our city I kept myself busy ( again ) by putting pictures in photo albums....yes, I'm a multi tasker...lol. Besides what else do you do on a 4 hour drive....I already sang all the songs in my mp3 player. The natives ( Mister & the Genius ) were getting restless....and covering their ears. :)

What that means....I do NOT know...lol.



Then we saw some Bluebonnets....







and Indian paint brush






I snapped a picture of these 2....




& got some sugars from him~




Yes, it was a very good day!

Then we're back in the big city~




Thank you for coming along our little trip!


Hugs~ J.


6 comments:

onlymehere said...

This is a stunning sunrise and I love the pictures in the flowers. I won't get to see the sunrise for awhile since I'm starting work at 6:00 a.m. now (ick) so I appreciate your's! Good thing Kaje' can drive now or I'd be in a world of hurt trying to get her to school! Have a fantastic day. Oh, I almost forgot. I can't wait to see what you bought!! Me

onlymehere said...

Have you noticed that most people are blogging and posting on Wed. anymore and that most days it looks like a ghost town? Just curious if it's just me or if things have shifted. I'm off Wed. so Thursday is major catch-up on reading blogs for me. I forgot to say that I love that house too! It looks like a fun road trip and boy, what a long drive! Love the throw you made too and think it was a perfect project for a car. I'm usually driving so I have to just rock out to my music in the car! LOL!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

"A picture says 1000 words" and yours do it very well, just lovely!!!

Betty said...

Thanks for taking me along by sharing all the pretty sites, I love that house too and the flowers, most of all it was the beautiful family that made me smile the most!

Betty

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Beautiful post!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Oh Jessica...that is the sweetest picture of you and your sweetie! What could be better than flowers and sugars!?
That town is so quaint and charming too....
I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful day!
Big Hug,
Queenie~