Saturday, August 22, 2009

~ Update~

Hi friends~

I just wanted to come by and give ya'll an update. I went to Dr. Pain Wednesday afternoon and he felt the only way I would get any relief is by injecting my cervical spine with Demerol and steroids. So, I had a procedure done yesterday. They were all super nice to me including My Mister who brought me these....


They even let me take Benjamin into pre-op ( and gave him a fancy blue hat to match me ) but put him on a shelf while I had the procedure. Mister said when they came to get me to take me into the procedure room. I sang " I Loooooove Yooooou~" to him. Ha ha....I was glad for the medicine that helped me relax before they put me to sleep. The last thing I remember was them rolling me onto the table on my stomach & a nurse saying "this is going to be cold" and I felt one sharp sting. Then Mister was saying "babe~ it's time to wake up" and the first thing I said was " is it over?' He said yes and I asked for water. :) I vaguely remember getting in the car but not the car ride home....came home got in my pj's and went to sleep. About 5:00pm I woke up and asked for mashed potatoes and Mister made me some toast. It was so good....lol.

Here's a picure of my new bandaids today.....all that pain and I get 2 bandaids....lol. I'm still swollen and so far haven't felt much relief ( they say it could take up to 48 hours ) but I'm thankful I did it....if I can get just a little relief it will be worth it.


Can see how swollen my neck and upper back are....part of that is the bulging disc...eewwww

I'm going to try & make my way by to visit all of you. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
I've missed ya'll!

Hugs~ J

12 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh sweetie, I hope your relief comes sooner than 48 hours. I can't imagine the pain you are in. Saying lots of prayers for you..
hugs ~lynne~

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Jessica
So sorry to hear you are in pain. I hope the effects of the treatment starts to work soon. Sending you a hug today.
Lindsay
x

Tootsie said...

oh how I hope and pray this works for you!!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Jessica! I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this but will pray these shots will do the trick for you. Hope you will feel some relief really soon!
Take care of yourself and what a wonderful Mister to buy you the pretty roses and cook for you,
Shelia :)

Ashley ~ said...

Don't even worry about visiting Blogsville, just lay back and let Mister take good care of you*! I'm praying this helps the pain you've been in for so long*!!! Hopefully you will get a good nights sleep and be feeling better tomorrow.
(((hugs))) _Ashley*

onlymehere said...

I really hope that this gives you relief soon. As for your questions, I've been visiting doctors and ERs with my kids. Nothing big but it's one of those crazy cycles where everything falls apart all at once, lol! Take care. Hopefully this will allow you to get back to your normal soon. :) Me

Erin said...

Oh, I hope this works...fingers crossed!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Jessica,
Bless your heart...I hope that procedure helps you to feel better. It sounds like your Mister and Benjamin bear are taking really good care of you. Your Mister is such a sweetie....the flowers are beautiful. I miss you too, but you rest and get to feeling better!
Big hugs,
Queenie

Richie said...

I don't blog but I look forward to reading your's everyday. I hope you are felling better each day. I live in a little town out of Wichita Falls so I know about the weather you post about...Hot right now. Take care and it looks like Mister is already taking good care of you.

Betty said...

I pray this brings you the relief you need and bless Mister for taking such good care of you.

Jessica said...

Thanks Richie for leaving a comment, I appreciate it. Please do come by for a visit again soon. :)

onlymehere said...

Jessica: I've been thinking about you and have been praying for you to find some relief from your pain. I love those flowers your Mister gave you too. Take care of yourself. I'll try to stop by in the next day or so. It's (as usual) crazy around here and tomorrow's my day off so I don't know if I'll have time to log on. I'm sending you a {{HUGE HUG}} to try to make you feel better!