Monday, October 5, 2009

~ Treasures & Sharktales~

Hi friends~

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend! We sure did....particularly the genius! But first, a little shopping story. Saturday, Mister got off work early { yeah } and he decided he needed new tennis shoes and I decided I needed yellow napkins. So, off we went. We looked high & low for yellow napkins...see they were important because I got a deal on a pitcher and 2 cups at Kohls....see that yummy pitcher? It was $3.oo on clearance...I bought the 2 coffee mugs and pitcher for $9.00 total. The pattern is buttercup by Sonoma. I also found yellow napkins at Kohl's on clearance for $1.19 a piece....so I bought green ones, too...lol. Oh, and they had napkins rings for .79 cents, too....I bought 8. :) I'm loving this new addiction. We found the butterfly embroidered small table cloth at an antique mall for $2.95. This as you can see turned into an all day event. { winks } When we came home I started playing with my dishes and a new treasure that I haven't told you about yet. :) Mister said, Babe, that looks really nice....set the table like that next Saturday morning.... & I'll make breakfast { yeah, he's off Saturday and yeah...he is cooking! } Then he said, it would look better if the chairs weren't that color....I said I know I haven't painted them yet. So, slip covers were the answer....purchased at Target $14.99 each. WE are much happier with this quick fix. Maybe he is being extra nice since it's my birthday month...or maybe it's because the last 2 months by body has been trying to betray me or maybe it's just because....

He loves me. I think that's it!!

Thanks Mister, for such a great day and buying us a cinnabon, too....yum.




~Sharktales~

Late Saturday my dad called and said....what are those 2 doing...meaning the genius & bear. They were actually walking out the door to go play putt putt. He said stop them....I want to take them to the bay and go fishing. The genius has never gone salt water fishing before and look what she caught!

A 2 foot sand shark.

The first 2 pictures were taken by a sweet couple that were walking the beach....they saw her reeling in something BIG ( while being coached by my dad ) it was a struggle but she got it! They asked if they could take pictures and offered to e-mail us since they didn't have a camera.

Good to their word, they did....thank you Mr. & Mrs. C.P.

The bottom 2 pictures were taken in our driveway....they were all so happy.

The boys didn't catch anything....lol. But were thrilled for her.

Have a beautiful day.

Your friend~ J.

P.S. Mister did get his new pair of tennis shoes, too....lol.


5 comments:

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Jessica!
What a fun day for you and your sweet mister! Everything looks so pretty at your table...girl, I love those slipcovers! I want some! I have always wanted some, but my chairs are an odd size....so I don't think they'd work, but I still want them! LOL! You did so great finding all of your treasures. Can't wait to see the breakfast tablescape done up with the new yellow pretties!
What an exciting day for Genius, Bear,and your dad...they look like they had a big time....as for the shark "not" LOL! Hope you have a great week!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

onlymehere said...

I was wondering if your Mister actually got his shoes! Hey, we're twins! This is my birthday month too! I love October anyway bz of the cool temps, the changing leaves, the colors, and just about everything about it. The Genius did a great job. I have to admit I've never been fishing and it's something I don't really have on my list of things to do in this life! We leave that up to Larry's dad, lol! I love all your treasures and I'm anxious to see your next tablescape!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl that nasty dish bug done bite you ha ha!! wait until You are stuffing them under the bed and behind your drapes ha ha!! Hey let me know and I'll tell you places to stuff them all...Now what pray tell are you going to do with that shark??I ate one at my friend house once...and it did taste like chicken ha ha!! Glad Mister got his shoes...May you have a great week my dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Betty said...

Everything does look so pretty. I especially love the look on your daughter's face, sounds like super time.
Take care.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Jessica
Sounds like you had a good shopping spree. I loved seeing your great purchases.
Is that really a shark? WOW
Lindsay
x