Saturday, November 27, 2010

Introducing Mable, a Wedding and a Question~

Hellooooo~
Is anyone out there? Remember me? Goodness, it's been a long time! We have had major computer problems for 2 months now. We finally broke down and bought a new pc yesterday. This is Mable....Howard.....our 4 year old laptop.....is semi permanently retired. :(


My personal tech support people have been busy....Do you see my biscuit there? Isn't he getting big? Well, his Momma got married last Friday evening.


Isn't she lovely?


How could I pester them w/my pc issues when we had to get to the church on time....
We had a simple, elegant country wedding. We traveled to Mammaw's for the wedding.


Meanwhile, I was also busy working on centerpieces and flowers for the wedding. I hand painted the monogram on both sides of the topiaries. Hot glueing all that moss.....was super fun...lol! But worth it.... & she loved it.




Mammaw was busy, too....She made this gorgeous ( & oh so yummy ) cake.

Align Center They truly are the sweetest couple...




Now for the question....where in the world am I going to put our Christmas tree? Normally, I already have it put up but this year Mister has been working more than normal and the genius is in the army and I definitely need help getting in and out of the attic...lol.

This is the first year w/this dining set....before we had a much smaller table. I thought about moving it out but then there isn't space to set a table and I love to set a table. ") Mister suggested a table top tree but then I think I would miss our ginormous tree....sigh....what to do?


HELP!


I just don't know what to do.....


You can click here to see our tree last year....
I tend to be a little over the top. winks~

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were so lucky~ we had a two hour phone call with our baby girl and we were so happy.
Let me know what y'all think about my tree delimma....
J~

3 comments:

onlymehere said...

It won't fit between the table and the couch? Can you get a real skinny tall tree? I've seen them in stores. Ours is really bushy but I love it. It was my mom's. I need much help each year putting it up. If it doesn't go up today it won't go up this year. We got it up last year but didn't put any lights on it or even one ornament. We just got too busy. I'm supposed to have help today. If you lived by me we'd go to your house after we got mine up and help you.

I guess with your new entertainment system there's no room to put one up in that room. Can you put one up in your guest bedroom and move the bed out for a few weeks? Maybe you'll be having company though so that won't work. Okay, I'm useless on your tree dilemma, lol!

Glad you have a new PC and that she has a name now bz I've missed you!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You've been so missed. I know the call from your daughter made your day. I'm having the same problem here, moved a lot of furniture around sold the other tree, bought a new one it's on it's way.. and now no where to put it... oh sigh... this problem to shall be solved. Think of you often...hugs ~lynne~

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Congratulations to the lovely bride and groom...you did a great job on those topiaries...love them! And your mawmaw did a beautiful job on that cake too :)
I hope that the happy couple share many many happy years together...
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. So glad to hear that your baby girl is doing well in basic training...I knwo you were so happy to get to talk to her again!