Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A little craft project....

Hi friends,

I just wanted to share our craft project my daughter & I did over the long weekend. We decorated photo storage boxes. We got this idea after going to Hobby Lobby. We were looking for storage containers for pictures, ribbon, cards etc. The cheapest we found were $12.99....this was 1/2 price....YIKES! Now don't get me wrong they were gorgeous but I need several of them and I just can't bring myself to pay that much for something we can make ourselves.

Materials used: various fabrics, buttons, ribbon, a hot glue gun & lots of glue sticks. Careful the glue is HOT...lol.



All our fabrics were purchased at Walmart for $2.00 or less a yard




We wrapped the boxes like we were wrapping a package glueing all sides & corners for a clean look....imbelished with ribbon and buttons and WHALA!! Decorated boxes for about $7.00 a piece. ( We bought the boxes from Walmart for $2.99. )


These are my finished boxes... paisley & polka dots :)




My daughter created a box for her also....



Isn't it darling? She is so creative.



The sides are polka dots, too. I just didn't get a picture. :)



We had alot of fun doing this, now my Mammaw wants a few ( a few to her is TEN. ) :) I hope everyone is having a great week!


Hugs~ J.




5 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Jessica, That looks like such a fun project. I'm going to have to try it. What dept. at Walmart did you find the boxes?? Where is tge Friday Flea Market???
Hugs, Terrie

Rue said...

Good morning Jessica :)

Those turned out darling! I'm really impressed :)

I'm also still drooling over that brunch! LOL

hugs,
rue

One Shabby Old House said...

A darling project Jessica!
Thank you for your kind comment on my old Victorian.
Becky
www.oneshabbyoldhouse.blogspot.com

bmwgal1948 said...

thanks for sharing this cute project. I would love to meet your Mawmaw,she sounds like a neat lady!

Hugs
Linda

Christie said...

Oh Jessica! You and your daughter are so creative...what a wonderful memory you've made for her...it's a great way to spend some mother/daughter time, and the boxes are adorable....I love 'em!
xoxo,
Queenie!