Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's cold...



Hi friends~

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm sorry I haven't made it by to see you yet. We got home late Sunday night and we were exhausted. I was asleep by 7:00pm. Then, I worked late last night because I'm trying to take Thursday & Friday off so I can get the house ready for Thanksgiving.


I knew it was going to get cool this weekend because a " cold front " was coming in. Usually a cold front here means the temperature will go from 80 to 75. Well, on the way to Mammaw's it was so windy I was scared to pass 18 wheelers because they were so wobbly on the road.
Saturday evening we went fishing caught a few perch ( threw em' back ) and fed the ducks. We decided it was so windy the fish weren't really biting and that we would go back early Sunday morning. We woke up at 6:00am, had coffee and bundled up. Went out to the truck and it had ice on the windshield....ICE! ( I wish I had a picture of that. ) After scraping ice off the windshield ( something we rarely have to do here ) we drove to the lake. The lake is on the property but it's about 1/4 mile....so no walking this morning.


Good morning beautiful sky....







The lake looked beautiful!




My fishing pole even had frost on it....




Well, after about an hour, daughter said " Mom, my eyelashes have frost bite....let's go!"






So, needless to say, we had fun but it was cold.

We managed to take a few pictures while driving through town Sunday.





Love this house....


There is such beautiful land here....



Look at the amazing sky and the lake..... ( sigh )





Can you see the turkey?





We had a nice visit with Mammaw; she will be coming here for Thanksgiving. She has already said she won't be much help but doesn't mind bossing me around in my own kitchen....lol. That's fine. I'll take it. :) Even as I'm sitting on my patio this morning writing this post. I'm bundled up. I don't know what the temperature is, I really need to get one of those outdoor thermometer thingies. :) But, I have my puppy house shoes on & a quilt on my lap.

Gracie apparently thought my lap looked comfy. :)

I will be by to visit you soon! Have a wonderful day!


Hugs~ J.

10 comments:

~♥~ Monica S said...

Beautiful pictures again!!!
Shat a lovely quilt! I don't blame the cat, it looks really comfy!
hehe.. love the slippers!!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Morning, Jessica! I'm shivering just reading your post this morning. What a pretty place - the pictures are lovely. Now that little kitty has the right idea. Sleeping with Mama!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;) oh, your daughter looks so cute all bundled up.

~♥~ Monica S said...

Shat??? hehe.. it was supposed to be WHAT!! Sorry!

Monica

onlymehere said...

I laughed as I read your post about the frost and the frostbitten eyelashes! I just came in from scraping off the car!! That's my morning ritual now. I go out and warm up the car and scrape the frost before I take Kellianne to school. I've shut off the car and am just checking blogs while I wait for her to finish getting ready! I wish it were rare for us to have to scrape windows! In the colder snowier months I'll put a bed sheet over the windows so I don't have to scrape but right now I'm too lazy to deal with the wet sheet every day! I need to spend tomorrow getting my house ready too. Even though there are just a few of us I like to have everything in order, it just makes Thanksgiving day run smoother.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Welcome home girl!! glad I got my old red robe on right now...just you talking about frost made me cold..thanks for coming by for your Hot tea today sounds like you needed it girl!! Hope all is well with your Grandma and glad she is spending the Hoilday with you and your family...she needs that right now...the first Hoildays are the hardest ones to get through...God bless you Jess..hugs and smiles Gloria

Christie said...

Hey Jessica!
I know what you mean...Girl, we had a cold front too and it's in the 30's this morning and will be mid 20's tonight. Yes, really. your pictures are so pretty...I see the fog on the lake, because it's so cold...it's a beautiful place ...That house is so pretty too...I just love old houses and their charm.

Awww, Your kitty sure found a good spot to warm up...Rocky has been wanting to be a lap cat alot lately too. LOL! Hope you get rested and have a great day...
xoxo,
Queenie

Betty said...

We have snow but then I am in Michigan so that isn't unusual! I think it is 25 this morning. There was a bad wreck my husband waited an hour for on the way to work, the wind is blowing so the roads iced up. The truth is all of us Michiganders have to relearn to drive each winter. I love the picture of your daughter all buddled up and sweet picture of kitty all cuddled up with Mom. Hey every job needs a good supervisor and I bet your Grandma will do a fantastic job!
Have a great day!

Betty

Rue said...

Hi J :)

That picture of your daughter made me laugh so hard, I about fell out of my chair LOL I love this time of year :)

Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes!!

(((hugs)))
rue

Buffie said...

You took some really awesome photos of the lake! Frame worthy even! :)

That does look cold there and it's supposed to get that cold here at home in a day or so! Time to turn the heaters on...i'm glad you're having a good time.

Buffie :)

Buffie said...

Oh and I love your bunny slippers, LOL!