Saturday, February 19, 2011

Would you like to have a seat? { new find }

Lookie here at what my Mammaw bought me.

I’ve been on the hunt for a wing back chair for awhile & she found a real beauty.

I love the shape….very unique.

2011-02-17_08.02.42

and the wood trim…..made me swoon.

2011-02-17_08.02.51

She paid $10 dollars for it. That’s right a whole ten bucks. I think this chair is 1940’s-ish. What do you think?

I wish I had the talent, knowledge, will power, initiative and over all creativity to recover this chair myself…..but I don’t. So, off to the professionals she goes…..

I can’t wait.

Have a great weekend.

Your friend~

Jessica

2 comments:

onlymehere said...

I've always wanted to wing back chairs in my front room flanking the bay window! You did find a beauty too and you're right, the shape is very unique but so stylish! I'm excited to see it after it has the Jessica touch done with the refinishing. Have a great weekend.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Your Mammaw did so good Jessica...I know you were thrilled...I love these kind of old chairs! I can't wait to see it recovered...I know it will be gorgeous! Hope you are having a nice weekend :)
Big hugs,
Queenie