Sunday, June 21, 2009

~ Father's Day ~

As I sit here this morning watching the sunrise....


There is nothing I would rather do than have a cup of coffee with him....

In my own way.....I guess I always have coffee with him.....I think about my Poppaw all the time but particularly in the mornings. Every time I grab my little digger and plant something { he was a master gardener } every time I see something bloom.....every sunrise. I felt a little funny this morning...I would call my Poppaw @ 6:00am { when I woke up } and he would have already been awake for at least an hour and he would say " why are you getting up so late".
I really missed that phone call this morning.

I miss you Pop....on this first Father's day.....without you here~
& every moment of every single day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



To: My Mister.....my best friend, the love of my life & the coolest dad EVER....

You are a ROCK star

Thank you for living your life with me~

My Father in law & Grandfather in law~ who are incredibly loving and supportive~
{ & absolutely hilarious }

and my Dad~ who I am incredibly proud of~


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

~ I LOVE YOU ~


I wish all of you a wonderful day today....and if you are missing your loved one. My heart aches for you....I'm just going to continue to put one foot in front of the other and make every moment count. That is what life is all about isn't it?

With love today & always~ J

8 comments:

onlymehere said...

What a beautiful tribute Jessica!! I believe your poppaw is here with you on this special day! We are never left alone by our loved ones. I truly believe that they are allowed to come back and be near us on days that are so important to us :) I hope today is full of laughter and love for you!

Sue said...

Awww J, what a heartwarming post! I lost my Dad 19 years ago and still miss him terribly! You are surrounded by wonderful loving men, hope they all have a terrific Fathers Day!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Jessica, what a sweet post! I know you miss your Paw Paw. I think that was about the time I started coming to your blog! But cherish those sweet sweet memories!
You look so beautiful surrounded by your men!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Tootsie said...

I love the way you love your family and friends!!! you melt my heart with these posts!
hope Mister had a great day!
say hi to my kid...give her a little hug and kiss for me!!!
love you girlie!

Ashley ~ said...

Your post about missing your granddaddy almost made me cry. This was our second Father's day without my sweet granddaddy, (my dad's dad) and I sure do miss him. At least we have a lot of sweet memories to hold on to, and like you, I still talk to my granddaddy too. :) I hope you are having a great Monday afternoon*! _Ashley*

Betty said...

I know that you have had some big losses in your life and it is so hard cause you miss them but some how a part of them always remains with you in those sweet memories and some how they are never really gone.
Take care sweet friend.

Betty

Frugalious Living said...

I love your blog! It is a very sweet! I am sorry for your loss this past Father's Day. I know how hard the "firsts" are. My dad passed away four months ago. 6 days before his 60th birthday, a month before my 35th, and 4 months before Father's Day. Needless to say it has not been easy. I do know how you feel and my heart goes out to you.
Marcia

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Jessica
I lost my dad last year too. It was a difficult day on Sunday. We were so close and I miss him so much. I still feel he is near watching over me and the things I want to tell him I still do.
Enjoyed seeing a Texas sunrise.
Lindsay
x