Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas Surprise

Have you ever heard that saying? A mother knows. It all started last Tuesday morning. I woke up and told Mister.....she is coming home for Christmas! He said, no babe... the military doesn't stop at Christmas. I kept telling him....I had a dream....I have a feeling....she IS coming home. During the remainder of the week, I kept have that feeling. Little bits and pieces of conversations kept popping up in my head.....people were asking....is she coming home? Then Friday night after I drove Mister crazy he got on the computer and researched. Exodus. The Army is the only military branch that shut down their training bases during the holidays. The main reason....so the di's ( drill sergeants ) can be with their families. AMEN. So, we started looking for her.....we felt that she was going to surprise us. We looked at incoming flights etc....we didn't sleep a wink Friday night....woke up Saturday...freshened her bed.....dusted, cleaned floors....bought hot sauce ( her favorite besides chocolate ). By 6:00pm still no sign of her. 6:30pm.....she called.... ( we always put her on speaker so we can both talk ) Me & Mister were super quiet....as she told us she had her personal time after chow. Our hearts SANK. She knew something was up......she asked what was wrong with us. Then, Mister finally just asked her. Are you coming home? She tried to play it off but then confessed her plan to surprise us Sunday afternoon. I felt kind of bad that she wasn't able to do that. But she admitted and had told a friend the previous day....My Mom is going Italicto know I'm coming home. She is just going to have that feeling. I did. I knew.
I thought 12:45 would never arrive Sunday afternoon. We headed to the airport....I felt like I was going to hyperventilate. 9 weeks felt like an eternity.
Here she is!!
Doesn't she look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I tell you.....there is something different about her...she has always been somewhat of an old soul....but she looks so grown up. mature. incredible.


After bawling our eyes inside the airport....we couldn't let go of her....lol. We managed to snap a few pictures outside.




After the hoopla at the airport.....we went to the park to surprise my dad ( her pappy ) and everyone else....we didn't even tell Mammaw she was coming. ") It was Biscuits 4th birthday. So everyone was there.

Later, my dad told me he kept hearing " Pappy! Pappy! " But he was in shock because we had already convinced ourselves she would not be home for at least one year.




This was a truly beautiful moment.....


Then we went to dinner with Mister's family.

There were lots of hugs and kisses. You know what else happened. A family sitting next to us who left before we did, told our waiter that they wanted to pay for her meal. Isn't that something? The generosity of people is amazing.
Our girl....serving our country....incredible.



I got these out of order....but had to share Biscuit~


He they are together.....


I love this.....

Have a beautiful day.
J.

2 comments:

onlymehere said...

Jessica! This is so fantastic and I'm so happy for you! You're right, she does look so grown up. I'm surprised that they let her fly in her fatigues. I thought after 9/11 they didn't do that but good for her to be able to. I love too how the people paid for your meal. I just knew there were good people left in the world somewhere and I'm glad they found you! Merry Christmas my friend!

Becca's Dirt said...

Wow I am thrilled for you. Tell her Thank you from me. It will be a better holiday with her home.

Merry Christmas.